Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bowie Night



The 5th annual Rock for Pussy show took place at the legendary First Avenue in Minneapolis. It’s a show that benefit’s the Minnesota Humane Society’s “no-kill” cat shelters in town. Local guest singers perform with an all-star band to perform their favorite David Bowie songs. This is always such a great event! I’ve participated for the past 3 years I believe. This year I sang “Hang On To Yourself “ and “Star” from the Ziggy Stardust album and I also got to play guitar on a whole bunch of songs, so it was really cool to be a part of the band this time. You can see more photos by Steve Cohen HERE!! Holy cow! Check out the review!

"...one of the real stars of this year’s show was no doubt Mr. Chris Perricelli – Little Man lead singer and guitarist who is both Marc Bolan of T Rex and Bowie combined. Featured on multiple songs, especially notable is his treatment on “Hang on to Yourself,” with his vocals full of Bowie panache and with a guitar prowess was as close to Mick Ronson himself as you could possibly get in his blistering guitar solos on “Ziggy Stardust” and “Starman.”
Jen Paulson, City Pages. Read the full review.


The same night my Cheapo TV episode (mentioned below) was aired. I didn’t get to see the episode that night but I taped it to view later. They did a really good job with it! Wish you could all see.

No comments: